Re: [mirrorbrain] upcoming release -- what's missing?

From: Peter Pöml <peter_at_poeml.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 02:10:03 +0100
On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 07:04:19PM +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> glad to hear a new release is on the horizon - thanks a lot! :)
>
> I wanted to contribute more already, but was desperately lacking time
> myself, so didn't manage yet. What I have done, however, is to clone
> the project at OBS. Note I'm not a developer, so it was more
> coincidence it worked, but I managed to create builds for Ubuntu 12.04
> and Debian 7.0, including IPv6 support. Seems the build is broken
> again, but anyways, I have given you maintainer access for
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:floeff

I looked at the mirrorbrain package in that repo and it seems that you
simply added the missing distros as build targets, without any changes
whatsoever in the package. Meanwhile, I have also added the build
targets to the Apache:MirrorBrain project.

I have not yet looked at all the other packages in your repo.

> Note that this is the repo TDF is currently using on its machines, so
> please don't experiment, otherwise LibreOffice downloads are at stake.
> ;-)
>
> Otherwise, here are a few bugs that would really be nice for the next
> release to be fixed:
>
> http://mirrorbrain.org/issues/issue124

I wonder if this is a bug

> http://mirrorbrain.org/issues/issue120 (maybe not fixable via MB)

No way to fix this in MB, I'm sorry. Needs to be fixed in Ubuntu.

> http://mirrorbrain.org/issues/issue115

That mirror runs nginx, which our scanner has a directory listing parser
for, but it's different from the nginx directory listings we've seen so
far. The mirror also offers rsync, which times out, and FTP, which
points to an empty directory.

I don't think that this should delay the upcoming release, sorry.

> http://mirrorbrain.org/issues/issue101

That's a pure packaging issue, that shouldn't hold up 2.18.0 release of
MirrorBrain. (Enhancing the Debian build description file is outside the
scope of the MirrorBrain source tree.) Of course it should be fixed.

> http://mirrorbrain.org/issues/issue116

Just fixed this.

> Thanks a lot for your work! :)

Thanks to all the feedback and all your work! :-)

Peter