Re: [mirrorbrain] Installation on Ubuntu (was: Re: [mirror discuss] Re: mirrorbrain for sugar labs)

From: Peter Pöml <poeml_at_cmdline.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:20:13 +0200
Am 28.09.2009 um 20:02 schrieb Peter Pöml:
> I suspect that on Debian/Ubuntu the package libaprutil1-dbd-pgsql
> needs to be installed (the database adapter for mod_dbd); I added a
> note about this to the docs.

Okay, I now understand it better. The libaprutil1 package in Ubuntu
9.04 has the DBD database drivers compiled in; they are statically
linked into the libaprutil shared object. A virtual package named
libaprutil1-dbd-pgsql exists which is just a pointer to the
libaprutil1 package. Thus, there is indeed no need to take care of
installing the driver. I removed the note again (or rather, reworded
it).

Peter