[mirrorbrain] Mirrorbrain handing of modified files.

From: peter green <plugwash_at_p10link.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 14:42:50 +0100
I am setting up mirrorbrain to manage mirrors for the apt repository for
raspbian (a rebuild of debian for armv6 hardfloat).

In my setup the server running mirrorbrain is also the public master
server (it in-turn is updated from the private master server but that is
not relavent here). This means that any changes will (or at least
should) happen on the master server first.

Package updates come in the form of additions and removals of files
which mirrorbrain seems to have no problem with. However the package
lists and related files do get modified in-place.

What I would like to happen is when a file is changed locally I would
like mirrorbrain to stop redirecting it until the mirrors have been
rescanned and confirmed as having the new version of the file. In this
way I can ensure that users always get the latest version of the package
lists regardless of whether the mirrors are up to date.

Currently mirrorbrain seems to have some knowlege of file dates (it
shows the updated date on the mirror list page for the file) but it
seems to carry on redirecting clients regardless of the changed file
date of the local copy.

Currently my workarround is to exclude the dists dir from mirrorbrain,
however I'd rather not do this if I can help it.