Re: [mirrorbrain] Two small patches

From: Gökdeniz Karadağ <gokdenizk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 01:51:44 +0300
Hi,

On 19-06-2012 01:13, Peter Pöml wrote:
> Here I have a suggestion for cosmetic improvement:
>
> To avoid importing the sqlobject namespace both in its own namespace (which you added) as well as with * into the current namespace (as was already present), we could stick to the existing and write the addition as this:
>
> --- mb/mb/conn.py	(revision 8294)
> +++ mb/mb/conn.py	(working copy)
> _at_@ -188,7 +188,7 @@
>                       fromDatabase = True
>                       defaultOrder = 'asn'
>               self.Pfx2asn = Pfx2asn
> -        except psycopg2.ProgrammingError:
> +        except (dberrors.ProgrammingError, psycopg2.ProgrammingError):
>               # this is the error which we get if mod_asn doesn't happen
>               # to be installed as well
>               pass
>

> It should yield the same result. Alright?

Of course there is no change in functionality.
I wanted to make it crystal clear that there are two possible
ProgrammingError's, one from psycopg2 one from sqlobject; so I added the
import line to include full path for sqlobject's version.

> Thank you very much for the patch. I believe that somebody ran into this bug recently.

np. It's only a small one, more will come.

> I hope that dberrors.ProgrammingError exists in older versions as well, but we'll see :-)

I checked sqlobject's history, sqlobject/dberrors.py has only the inital
commit, in 2006.

--
Gökdeniz Karadağ