Re: [mirrorbrain] Import and export metalinks?

From: Peter Pöml <peter_at_poeml.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 06:46:44 +0100
Hi Derek,

no, no, yes, and no.

MirrorBrain expects the files to be present locally, at least as an empty file without content, with path- and filename matching some mirror. You could set up redirection to single mirrors/servers arbitrarily of course (including metalinks), combining them ander a single namespace. However, hashes can be created only for locally present files; and I don’t know if the setup you imagine would be worthwhile without hashes. You can use the included null-rsync tool to create file tree copies of mirrors with empty files to experiment (or to redirect from, without hashes though). On the other hand, the hashes could be entered into the database via some other means; that would be possible.

Peter