Re: [mirrorbrain] Authenticating downloads?

From: Peter Pöml <peter_at_poeml.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:20:38 +0100
On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 02:27:49PM +0100, Peter Pöml wrote:
> [...]
> You'd probably want to restrict access to the "backend" to localhost.
> That could mean that MirrorBrain refuses to do its job, due to the fact
> I mentioned before, regarding requests that require authentication
> (where there is a simple but too stupid check). That I would need to fix
> first, in order to allow MB to run behind authentication. (Which should
> be quickly done.)

My suspicion was right: the check in mod_mirrorbrain was broken and
superfluous. I fixed in it trunk
http://svn.mirrorbrain.org/viewvc/mirrorbrain?view=revision&revision=8192
and I'll release an update (2.13.5) later today.

mod_mirrorbrain can now then be used in conjunction with all the
authentication methods that Apache (and modules) have to offer.

Peter