[mirrorbrain] Debian/Ubuntu packages for testing

From: Peter Poeml <poeml_at_cmdline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:20:58 +0200
Hi,

I succeeded to build Debian and Ubuntu packages of MirrorBrain. I'm not
sure how well they work, but I believe that at least the contained files
and the package dependencies should be relatively correct and useful.

Things that are still missing in the packages:
- creation of user/group
- package /var/run/mirrorbrain and /var/log/mirrorbrain, owned by mirrorbrain user
- package logrotate snippet
- move config (examples) from mirrorbrain package to mod_mirrorbrain package
  (the latter concerns also the RPM packges)

The repositories are at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Apache:/MirrorBrain/
and for Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) for instance, the following repository would be used:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Apache:/MirrorBrain/xUbuntu_9.04/

To subscribe to the repo, do the following:

 # sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list
[...]
deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Apache:/MirrorBrain/xUbuntu_9.04/ /

It should be possible to simplify the steps detailed on
http://mirrorbrain.org/docs/installation/debian/ a lot, now.

I tested only on this platform (Ubuntu 9.04) so far, so the other platforms
(Debian 5.0 and older Ubuntu versions) could run into arbitrary issues.

Looking forward to feedback,
Peter