[mirror discuss] (forw) CDNi -- Interconnection of Content Delivery Networks

From: Peter Pöml <peter_at_poeml.de>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 16:40:17 +0100
Dear friends,

there is an interesting proposal for a standard in
Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI).

It is currently developed as an Internet-Draft, and a mailing list has
been created for collaboration. See attached forwarded mail.
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-jenkins-cdni-problem-statement-00.txt

Probably more than most of us need (and can afford) with the little open
content delivery networks that we run. But for me, it's a very
interesting read nevertheless. The Internet-Draft has some good
references, among them a fantastic taxonomy and survey of commercial and
academic CDNs which I never saw before:

   Pathan, A., "A Taxonomy and Survey of Content Delivery Networks
   (http://www.gridbus.org/reports/CDN-Taxonomy.pdf)", 2007.

Happy New Year to you all. I wish you a good 2011.
Peter

attached mail follows:

Hello,

A new mailing list has been created to discuss issues associated with the "Interconnection of Content  Delivery Networks (CDNs)".

In particular, we encourage discussion on that list about the "CDN Interconnection Problem Statement":
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jenkins-cdni-problem-statement-00.txt).

See below the pointer "To subscribe" if you are interested in this topic.

Cheers

Francois

Begin forwarded message: