2.14.0 takes geographical distances into account
MirrorBrain 2.14.0 is out. It comes with several new features and bug fixes. A short summary follows below — please refer to the 2.14.0 release notes for more details!
- MirrorBrain can now use geographical distance as additional criterion in mirror selection.
- Per-file mirror lists visualize the closest mirrors via Google Maps. Example.
- Running behind a load balancer or other reverse proxy was tested and a bug fixed in this regard.
- MirrorBrain can now be used in conjunction with a multitude of access control mechanisms available in Apache. A bug has been fixed which prevented this.
- Experimental support for restricted downloads has been implemented, by redirecting to temporary URLs whose validity can be verified by the mirrors.
Packaged binaries are built and ready for upgrading. You will find them on the download page, as usual.
Please consider a donation to support MirrorBrain development!
Thanks everyone for their support!View other news