Issue29

Title error looking up file in database
Priority urgent Status resolved
Superseder Nosy List poeml, theuni
Assigned To poeml Keywords

Created on 2009-12-03.07:08:50 by theuni, last changed by poeml.

Messages
msg87 (view) Author: poeml Date: 2009-12-03.23:04:33
The mod_asn messages are also gone. Great!

So mod_asn seems to work either way. Probably because it retrieves only one row, 
and after that it clears the cursor by accessing the next row. Also the latter 
seems to work in either case, because if clearing the cursor does *not* return -1, 
an error message would be logged.

I just reproduced locally that the lookup is correct in both cases. However, I'm 
thinking that a fix might be sensible, for whatever side effect this could have in 
the database adapter.

So, I committed this now:
http://svn.mirrorbrain.org/viewvc/mod_asn/trunk/mod_asn.c?r1=73&r2=72&pathrev=73

(For the record, issue 7 is where the bug was dealt with first.)
msg86 (view) Author: poeml Date: 2009-12-03.12:39:16
On another note, some of the error messages in the log are from mod_asn, which 
should not be directly influenced by the recent regression. If it is, it might be 
a side effect of the database adapter being misused and becoming confused. Do 
those messages go away?

mod_asn might need a similar APR 1.2 fix as mod_mirrorbrain, even though it might 
not be immediatly surfacing as a bug because mod_asn always retrieves only a 
single database row. I noticed that ASN lookups were working correctly (telling 
from the HTTP headers of your server) even with the broken 2.11.0.
msg85 (view) Author: poeml Date: 2009-12-03.12:14:40
Fixed packages are available.
msg84 (view) Author: poeml Date: 2009-12-03.11:24:16
I was about to ask you to run with "MirrorBrainDebug On" in Apache's directory 
context, but I just learned in IRC that you already figured out what's broken:

due to a missing include, the new compile fix for APR < 1.3 is not effective.

New release to be done asap...

Fixed in trunk
http://svn.mirrorbrain.org/viewvc/mirrorbrain?view=revision&revision=7898
msg82 (view) Author: theuni Date: 2009-12-03.07:08:50
Not quite sure what happened here...

Everything was fine yesterday, now none of my links are getting redirected. I
upgraded to 2.11.0, I suspect that's the cause. More specifically, i've got my
money on r7887.

Each click logs one of these in error.log:

(-1)Unknown error 18446744073709551615: [mod_asn] Error retrieving row from
database for 67.191.204.232, referer: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/
(-1)Unknown error 18446744073709551615: [mod_asn] Error retrieving row from
database for 67.191.204.232, referer: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/skin/
[mod_mirrorbrain] Error looking up addons/skin/Basics-Vision.tar.gz in database,
referer: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/skin/


after a 'mb scan -a -j 4', note that:

'mb probefile addons/skin/Basics-Vision.tar.gz' turns up a bunch of servers.
as does
'mb file ls addons/skin/Basics-Vision.tar.gz'

All links are exhibiting this behavior, not just this one.

Other info:

Debian Lenny
MirrorBrain 2.11.0 (from repo)
Linux mirrors.xbmc.org 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 5 02:23:12 UTC 2009 x86_64
GNU/Linux
History
Date User Action Args
2009-12-03 23:04:33poemlsetstatus: chatting -> resolved
messages: + msg87
2009-12-03 12:39:16poemlsetstatus: resolved -> chatting
messages: + msg86
2009-12-03 12:14:40poemlsetstatus: in-progress -> resolved
messages: + msg85
2009-12-03 11:24:16poemlsetmessages: + msg84
2009-12-03 10:03:04poemlsetpriority: bug -> urgent
status: unread -> in-progress
2009-12-03 07:08:50theunicreate