Re: [mirrorbrain] IPv6 geo location support?

From: peter green <plugwash_at_p10link.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:23:56 +0000
On 05/02/15 09:37, Per Jessen wrote:
> IPv6 geo location data is becoming available, see e.g.
>
> http://www.tcpiputils.com/ipv6-geolocation-database
>
> ATM, mirrorbrain doesn't seem to make use of any IPv6 geo location data?
> (at least not for download.opensuse.org)
I'm fairly sure mirrorbrain can use ipv6 geolocation data if it's set up
to do so. My install certainly does.

Having said that the maxmind geoipv6 data seems to be fairly crap, for
example it seems to geolocate all freenet6 addresses to canada. The
database you link to seems to have the same problem (at least from the
headline it gives me).

Building a geolocation database from whois data is one thing but an
accurate geolocation database requires you to go further than that since
the country where an IP block is registered in the whois database may
not be the country the IPs are used in.

what do you see if you use ipv6 to browse to

http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/0/0ad-data/0ad-data-common_0.0.17-1_all.deb.mirrorlist