Re: [mirrorbrain] Unknown Error while Database Lookup

From: Peter Pöml <peter_at_poeml.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:25:18 +0200
Hi Stephan,

thanks for writing!

Am 24.04.2011 um 23:25 schrieb Stephan Jauernick:
> I use the MirrorBrain Version 2.15.0(the packaged versions from
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Apache:/MirrorBrain/Debian_5.0/ ).
>
> [Sun Apr 24 21:38:49 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (-1)Unknown
> error 18446744073709551615:
>                      [mod_mirrorbrain] Error looking up 200MB.zip in
> database: , referer: http://mirrors.linuxrulz.de/
>
> I am getting this error, while trying to download a file listed on the
> page above(referer).
>

> I already enabled MB Debug. So is there maybe some other way to squeeze
> more informations out of MB?

After a little bit of debugging with the help of IRC, I can say the following (as basically said on IRC already):

The problem is: mod_mirrorbrain is compiled with apr/apr-util 1.2.12, which is the shipping apr/apr-util version on Debian 5.0. Since you use backported, newer packages, which are version 1.4.2/1.3.9, there is a mismatch. The database adapter in apr-util was changed in an incompatible way between 1.2 and 1.3, unfortunately.

mod_mirrorbrain needs to use the database adapter either in the "old way" or "new way". mod_mirrorbrain checks which way to use at compile time, but not at runtime. Thus, mod_mirrorbrain would need to be recompiled with the apr version that you use. Or a runtime check would need to be added to mod_mirrorbrain. I'm not sure how feasible this would be.
The simplest solution, since I know that you have the dev packages installed, is:

svn co http://svn.mirrorbrain.org/svn/mirrorbrain/trunk/mod_mirrorbrain/mod_mirrorbrain.c
apxs -c -lm mod_mirrorbrain.c

(Using apxs with -i does also install the module.)

Does this work? Would this be sufficient for you?

Peter