[mirrorbrain] Not serving from local file tree

From: Alex Mandel <tech_dev_at_wildintellect.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 18:25:07 -0700
I'm a little confused on how to setup the apache config. Previously I
had a pseudo file tree except for md5 files which were served with the
MinSize option.

I've now replaced the psuedo tree with real files and would like to
start serving with the local file tree actually taking a fairly high
priority. However it seems to still be redirecting every download
request elsewhere. What do I need to do to make it pick up the local
files more often.

I guess what confuses me the most is that the local tree isn't treated
like other mirrors in the database. So it doesn't come up in lists, or
show as a mirror when looking at various files so if I didn't know which
files were psuedo and which were real it would be a real mess.

I'm also confused about what I should do when I add new files to my
local tree. Will they automatically start being served once the cron
scans pick them up on mirrors?

Thanks,
Alex

Here's my apache config
<Directory /opt/mirrorbrain/www/osgeo>
                MirrorBrainEngine On
                MirrorBrainDebug On
                FormGET On
                #MirrorBrainHandleHEADRequestLocally On
                MirrorBrainMinSize 2048
                MirrorBrainExcludeUserAgent rpm/4.4.2*
                MirrorBrainExcludeUserAgent *APT-HTTP*
                #MirrorBrainExcludeMimeType application/pgp-keys
                #MirrorBrainExcludeMimeType application/md5

                Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all