Re: [mirrorbrain] ToDo for upcoming 2.13.0 release

From: Cory Fields <TheUni_at_xbmc.org>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:13:58 -0400
Agreed on the hashes cleanup. This should be done before any stable
release that implements hashes in the db to eliminate the need for too
much backwards thinking, as most will be starting from a clean slate.
Perhaps you could eliminate all previous stale hash logic completely,
and simply suggest that users clear the table first. Or maybe I'm
overthinking since non-existent files would be cleared anyway.

As for on-disk hashes, is there any valid reason to leave them on? Imo
it makes sense to deprecate the option (off by default, stored in the
db instead) for a few releases and see if anyone screams.

Cory