Re: [mirrorbrain] _at_anywhere - A way to collect users feedback on mirror problems?

From: Peter Pöml <peter_at_poeml.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:31:35 +0100
Hi Cory,

Am 16.03.2010 um 16:25 schrieb Cory Fields:

> Completely offtopic (sorry, I can't resist), but while you're on the
> subject of javascript snippets, please also consider google analytics.
> It works in a similar way.. inject a piece of js, and statistics are
> collected from the visitor.
>
> We use this for our stats collection for our website. If it were
> integrated with mirrorbrain, it would alleviate much of the need for
> mod_stats. The only exception would be non-browser downloads.
>
> Maybe a standardized way of injecting scripts would be prudent, rather
> than aligning with a single service?

Interesting idea! Where would you need to put the Javascript - onto the per-file mirror lists, or at the directory index?

I haven't used Google Analytics.

By the way, I recently noticed that most or probably all of the per-file mirror list could be generated from the metalink. It seems a bit weird to generate the mirror list right from within the Apache module, and it be smarter to use mod_xslt or something similar to transform a metalink in any kind of mirror list that one would want - which much better possibilities to style them or to integrate with other things.

Peter