[mirrorbrain] possible start of a web frontend

From: Peter Pöml <poeml_at_cmdline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 03:30:47 +0100
Hi,

just for the fun, I'd like to share two screenshots. Nothing
spectactular -- I just spend a few minutes displaying mirror metadata
from the existing database. I took the time to play with it for the
sole reason that I had Django set up already to work with the database
(since I had been working on the download statistic stuff). That's
also why there's nothing in svn, because I misused another webapp for
this, where it really doesn't belong...

List of mirrors, with searching, filtering, and showing online status:
http://mirrorbrain.org/static/images/misc/webfrontend1.jpg

Edit mask (only half of the mask visible here):
http://mirrorbrain.org/static/images/misc/webfrontend2.jpg

Of course, that's *so* useful that I immediately went through all
disabled mirrors and checked what's wrong. That tells something,
doesn't it? :-) Even though I love the commandline tools and "mb list
--disabled" isn't hard to type (well, if you know about it).

Now it would be really useful if, in the mask, there'd be buttons for
tasks like "show me what's on the mirrors URLs" and "scan mirror and
enable it afterwards". The code is there, it just needs to be wrapped
up and displayed, preferably by somebody who is good in web (app)
design :-)

Peter