[mirrorbrain] Re: [IAEP] [Systems] Content Delivery Network is in production

From: David Farning <dfarning_at_sugarlabs.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:10:53 -0500
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Yama Ploskonka <yamaplos_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> wow wow wow, this is a way cool concept.  Local updates that would be truly
> local automagically.  I really would want to know how this ends up working
> for the large deploys , esp. Uruguay.  I have been told that some servers
> are quite overstressed already as it seems (correct me here please) that as
> the machines there are booted they automatically try to connect somewhere
> OLPCish.  If it were true, I guess that should be fixed.

Some where between 80 and 90% of activity bundle download traffic
comes from Uruguary:)  I am hoping to find a couple of mirrors in
Uruguay in the next couple of days.  If you have any leads....  We
need room for about 30GB of content.

Yes, .82 deployments are set to communicate directly with olpc
servers.  This has been updated in .86.  Another option is for Sugar
Labs to work with the VIG to make our mirror system available to OLPC.

david