[mirrorbrain-announce] 2.10.3 release

From: Peter Poeml <poeml_at_cmdline.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 01:32:36 +0100
Hi,

there goes MirrorBrain 2.10.3. This is a minor bugfix and feature
update, and nevertheless the changes are not insignificant.

First, there is a new program called 'null-rsync'.
http://svn.mirrorbrain.org/viewvc/mirrorbrain/trunk/tools/null-rsync?view=markup
It creates a pseudo mirror of a remote file tree, without occupying
significant disk space. Use case: running MirrorBrain instances without
hosting the file tree locally; and also experimentation and development.
This should allow to run MirrorBrain without (real) local files.
The scenario hasn't tested yet, but I'd say it looks promising.

Then, this release fixes usability issues in the 'mb' tool that could
occur when creating new mirrors, when running into DNS intricacies. The
change is that the admin is now given a link to in-depth background
information. (The link is my posting from earlier today on the mirror
mailing list: http://mirrorbrain.org/archive/mirrorbrain/0042.html
number 42, you know :-)

Finally, some small sorting issues in the generation of mirror lists
have been fixed.

Details are in the 2.10.3 release notes:
http://mirrorbrain.org/docs/changes/#release-2-10-3-r7871-nov-28-2009

Peter